Tuesday 29 September 2009

It Doesn't Get Any Better

Or perhaps an alternative title could have been 'when is it going to get better'! It was the usual again this morning; Rossall Point at first light to watch the in-coming tide and the sea. I spent nearly two and half hours at the 'point' and didn't have a great deal to show for it other than Common Scoters. During that time I had 181 Common Scoters which equates to 1.2 Scoters/minute! Mmmm!

Waders were represented by the ubiquitous Oycs and today I only had 75 with a supporting cast of 25 Sanderlings, 5 Ringed Ps and 589 Knot moving in all directions. Eiders numbered 5, Cormorants 20 and I had a single Red-throated Diver east. And that was it!

Wanting to make the morning even more painful I called at the Nature Park to try and bore myself rigid by counting a handful of wildfowl. I was successful in my quest and had a 'staggering' 28 Coots, 18 Mallards, 15 Tufted Ducks and 2 Little Grebes. Oh, and 2 Grey Herons on the 'main' pool.

Grey Heron nearly looking as bored as I was!

No comments: