Sunday 27 June 2010

Up North

I apologise for the 'radio' silence this past week but I have been on holiday 'up north'. When I say up north, I mean Northumberland. I consider that I live in the north of England, but Northumberland is a long way north!

Arctic Tern and chick

I am not going to give you a 'blow by blow' account of my holiday you will be pleased to know but I thought I would share with you some of my pictures of seabirds that I took.

Black-headed Gull

Some of these were taken on the Farne Islands and others along the coast at the numerous small seabird colonies that you come across.

Fulmars

If you have never been to Northumberland you should as it is a fantastic county with some fantastic birds.

Guillemots

More Guillemots

Kittiwake

Puffins

Razorbills

Shag

No comments: