Sunday 14 August 2011

A Hard Slog

It was too windy for mist nets at the obs this morning so I had a good walk round instead. It was very quiet with nothing going over and very little grounded other than two Wheatears and perhaps a Sedge Warbler. I say perhaps a Sedge Warbler, meaning it might have been grounded or it could have been a late breeding straggler.

As I headed to my seawatching position I took a few photographs of the Sea Holly in flower and then had a look on the sea. I only had a quick a look on the sea and I didn't see anything of note. Walking back towards the car I had 30 Swallows feeding over the meadow and a Lapwing got up from a wet flush.




I then moved onto the cemetery and it was quiet here too. No migrants at all, but a family party of 7 Mistle Thrushes was nice. Back to work for me tomorrow, but I will try and get out in the week.

1 comment:

theconstantwalker said...

A nice read and lovely images.