Saturday 21 January 2012

Bad Vibrations

With the temporary demise of the seawatching shelter at the Point I had to use my 'fall-back' location at Cleveleys this morning. However, there was just a hint of northerly in that westerly that meant that the near gale force wind was buffeting me and vibrating my scope and tripod.

It drives me mad when I can't keep my scope and tripod relatively rigid when seawatching and consequently I was only there for 45 minutes before I got fed up. It was very quiet and all I had in that time were 11 Cormorants, 8 Common Scoters, 3 Little Gulls, Kittiwake and male Eider.

On my way home I fed the Turnstones in preparation for a potential ringing session on Monday. Talking of feeding, when I fed the Tree Sparrows a couple of days ago there were 207 along with 21 Chaffinch, 3 Fieldfare and 4 Yellowhammers.

No comments: