Saturday 10 March 2012

Nest Boxes - Day 2

As I mentioned yesterday it was my turn to treat Gail to a day out repairing, replacing and putting up new nest boxes. Our first port of call was the Hodder Valley in Bowland where I have 38 boxes up for Pied Flycatchers. We checked all the boxes and carried out repairs as well as putting up one or two new boxes to fill gaps in the coverage of the woodland. Below is a dark picture taken by my good lady of 'yours truly' putting up a box.


Whilst we were wandering round we had Brambling, Siskin, Nuthatch and Great Spotted Woodpecker.

It was then on to Rawcliffe Moss for yet more boxes but this time for Tree Sparrows. Whilst there I fed at the feeding station and there were 132 Tree Sparrows, 14 Chaffinch and 4 Yellowhammers. Two Kestrels and a Merlin also put in appearance.

It's the 'obs' for me in the morning so I'll be sure to let you know how we got on tomorrow.

No comments: