Friday 21 December 2012

The Light Returns

As it is the winter solstice today I would like to wish all my readers a Happy Winter Solstice!

After today the days lengthen and we can look forward to Spring! I think perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away there.

I haven't a great deal to report since the start of our Turnstone project last Sunday. I have of course been at my feeding station every other day and the highlights this week were 20 Corn Buntings, 44 Chaffinches, 4,245 Woodpigeons, 100 Tree Sparrows, 5 Fieldfares, 2 Redwings and a thousand Starlings.

Below is a picture of the feeding station taken just before the Solstice in 2010. What a difference to today!


2 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Its all easy going from now on then :-)

The Hairy Birder said...

I wish it was Warren, but I always feel better once the shortest day is out of the way!