Tuesday 22 April 2014

Short And Not So Sweet

This will be a very short post as I have precious little to report after a couple of hours birding this morning; certainly short and not very sweet!

I started off in the cemetery and had a Tree Pipit over and there was a steady passage of Swallows north and a single Sand Martin. The only grounded migrant was a single Willow Warbler.

I then had a look in the coastal park and it was just as quiet here with two Willow Warblers being the only grounded migrants. I went back to the cemetery and added a Wheatear and had two recently fledged Mistle Thrushes being fed by the adults.

Wheatear

It wasn't a surprise that it was quiet as the wind was quite a fresh northeasterly and it was cold. I then had a quick look at the pools before heading home and had seven Wheatears plus a couple of Sedge Warblers and a single Reed Warbler. On the pools there were few wildfowl other than eleven Tufted Ducks.

  Tufted Duck

No comments: