Tuesday 3 June 2014

Limping Along

As I stated yesterday we are now in the last gasps of spring and today it was just about limping along. I headed to the obs under full cloud cover with a 10 mph SSW wind. I had a single grounded migrant in the form of a Wheatear (getting late now), nothing on vis and just two Sandwich Terns moving east into the bay.

Passage waders have virtually stopped now and on the high tide roost this afternoon all I had were 14 Sanderlings. Mind you the two pairs of nesting Ringed Plovers will be pleased about this as they will no longer have to display to hundreds of passage Ringed Ps!

 Ringed Plover

It was equally quiet in the cemetery with no grounded migrants in sight. I'll try again in the morning, but it is becoming hard work now.

 Meadow Pipit

No comments: