Thursday 3 July 2014

Not the Best Start to Autumn

I've been struggling to get out this week which isn't what I planned for the start of autumn. After my weeks holiday I have been catching up on emails and then today I am finally making a start on four reports that I have outstanding, but I shouldn't grumble really as it's work!

Last Sunday (29th) Craig, Ian and I had a ringing session in the reedbed and it was certainly not what we expected, but we did ring the first juv Reed Warbler of the year. We ringed just 6 new birds as follows (recaptures in brackets):

Reed Warbler - 1
Chaffinch - 1
Blue Tit - 1
Dunnock - 1
Greenfinch - 1
Wren - 1
Blackbird - (1)

From a birding perspective there was very little to add to the ringing other than a few Swifts feeding over the pools. Now I must go and get those reports done so I can get out!

No comments: