Friday 15 August 2014

Man Flu

I just wanted to apologise for not posting for a few days, but I have been laid low by 'Man Flu'! I never get a cold and haven't had a cold for years, so the lurgy that I am suffering with at the moment has to be Man Flu. I've had a look on the Man Flu website and I definitely have all the symptoms.

The Man Flu website states that "Man Flu is a crippling and debilitating disorder indiscriminately striking down male members of the human species without warning. The illness is often referred to pejoratively by female members of the species who are in fact immune from the illness as man flu is now known to exclusively attack the XY chromosome carrier. If Man Flu is kind enough not to kill the infected party it will definitely leave him weak, sick, hurting everywhere and in dire need of TLC.

Medical professionals now also widely recognise that self diagnosis by the sufferer is the best means of identification as the symptoms of Man Flu are far more severe than the simple common cold which predominantly targets the XX chromosome holders (i.e. females). This goes some way to explain the cynicism some women display towards their male counterparts".

So there you have it, the reason I've not been able to get out birding these past few days is because of man flu. I am hoping that it will only be a mild form, although this is rare of course, and I have a wedding to attend tomorrow of my music mate Andy. Of course if I am a little worse for wear tomorrow it will be the man flu, or perhaps a bad pint, and nothing to do with the quantities of real ale quaffed.

Man flu depending normal birding service will be resumed on Sunday, or perhaps more likely Monday!

2 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Sympathy mate,
I always get the worst man flu going, sounds like you do too :-) Women dont know how lucky they are!

The Hairy Birder said...

They don't indeed Warren!