Monday 2 February 2015

More Ravens And Still They Refused To Sing

With reports to write and a farmland bird presentation to prepare I was forced to remain indoors today other than to call at my feeding station to feed. On my way to the feeding station I had two Ravens go over as I was down by the river. Funnily enough Ian and I were commenting yesterday that in Feb you do seem to get a few birds moving about.

It was quieter than I expected at the feeding station with just 48 Tree Sparrows, a Song Thrush, two Great Spotted Woodpeckers and a Yellowhammer. Raptors were represented by a single Buzzard and Kestrel, and a flock of 50 Golden Plovers went over.

It's still looking calm towards weekend so I am keeping my fingers crossed, but if I don't get out ringing I've got two afternoons at a beer festival to look forward to!

No comments: