Friday 19 June 2015

May's Ringing Totals

Blimey, I can't believe it has been five days since I last posted! This past week has seen me locked indoors report writing - again! In the week Kim and I checked a Barn Owl site and there were two small young in the nest site, so that's one to re-visit in a few weeks. There will be few postings for the next couple of weeks as I am away on holiday, but normal service will be resumed when I get back and it will also be autumn!

Over on the right you might have noticed that I have updated the ringing totals for Fylde Ringing Group up until the end of May. I've struggled to compile a top five ringed for the month, so it's a top three! And as usual I have included the top ten 'movers and shakers' for the year.

Six new species were added to the ringing list for the year and these were Ringed Plover, Lapwing, Woodpigeon, Wheatear, House Sparrow and Tree Sparrow.

Top Three Ringed in May

1. Great Tit = 31
2. Pied Flycatcher = 21
3. Blue Tit = 10
    Starling = 10

Top Ten Movers and Shakers for the Year

1. Blue Tit = 141 (same position)
2. Great Tit = 94 (up from 3rd)
3. Willow Warbler = 81 (down from 2nd)
4. Goldfinch = 57 (same position)
5. Chaffinch = 55 (down from 4th)
6. Lesser Redpoll = 49 (same position)
7. Long-tailed Tit = 41 (down from 6th)
8. Goldcrest = 36 (same position)
9. Meadow Pipit = 26 (same position)
10. Blackbird = 25 (same position)

See you in a couple of weeks!

No comments: