Monday 29 June 2015

Nearly There

Just a quick post to remind you all that I am still 'out here'! I am just over half way through my enforced two weeks of no 'pure' birding. Of course whilst I was away in western Scotland last week I was birding every day when we were out and about, and I think as birders we are birding all the time that we are awake! I have another weeks holiday this week with 'her indoors', but this time we are basing ourselves at home and just going out for day trips, so this coming weekend I will be back fully in the 'birding saddle'!

I shouldn't complain too much as I have been indulging in my other passion outside birding & wildlife and that is archaeology and history, and we have visited some cracking historical sites this past week.

Whilst we were away in western Scotland we did see plenty of birds and these included in no particular order Red-throated Diver (2 - 3 outside our cottage everyday), Common Sandpiper (regular on the beach outside the cottage), Hooded Crow (everywhere), Red-breasted Merganser, Twite (it's like winter birding on the patch), Siskin (large numbers coming to the garden feeders), Buzzard, Gannet, Rock Pipit, Fulmar, Rock Dove, Shag, Whinchat, Raven, Lesser Redpoll and Black Guillemot.

Below are a few holiday snaps!

 (Blurry) Hooded Crow


 One of the regular 'Red-throats'

 The hamlet where our holiday cottage was

Harbour Seal

 Arran (above & below)


See you at the weekend!

No comments: