Tuesday 10 May 2016

Migrantless

I'm not sure whether there is such a word as 'migrantless' but there was a distinct lack of migrants this morning anyway! At first light it was pouring down and I have no problems birding in the rain, but it was far too heavy for anything to be in the slightest active.

As soon as the rain eased I headed to the cemetery and it had virtually stopped when I got there. As I got out of my car I was met more or less with silence, and it was immediately obvious that there were few birds about. On the migrant front a trawl round only produced a single Blackcap and two Siskins! Three Mistle Thrushes and a male Peregrine were good to see, but not what I was hoping for.

I headed to the coastal park just to confirm my misery and it was quiet here too with just a singing Chiffchaff of note. I decided there was no point in 'flogging a dead horse' and headed home to do some work!

No comments: