Friday 30 December 2016

In The Shadow Of The Tower

It was cold yesterday morning, and I thought it was a good idea to spend an hour and a half or so under freezing conditions in front of one of the towers at the Point completely in it's shadow! The wind was a brisk east-southeasterly with clear skies, and standing in front of the tower was the only option to escape the 'lazy wind' (cuts right through you) as my Norfolk friends from Lynn would say!

Ian joined me after a short while and we spent a bit of time seeing not an awful lot. Our total of not an awful lot included 18 Cormorants, four Eiders, a Whooper Swan, 102 Oystercatchers, three Red-throated Divers, a Red-breasted Merganser, eight Shelducks, 20 Common Scoters, four Auk sp. and a Great Crested Grebe.

I'm out again in the morning and hope that I don't have another morning of seeing 'not an awful lot'!

No comments: